Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Dad Texts Now

I am grateful that my dad uses text messaging now. For a long time a beep on my phone would have never meant a text from "Daddy O," as he is affectionately labeled in my phone. In the beginning, my dad's messages were simple, direct, pager-like encryptions,
"CALL ME ASAP."
Recently, however they have been conversational.
Last week's experience: Beep."R U STAYING UP ON BYU STAR JIMMER FREDETTE?"
I love that he's keeping up on my school and thinking of me.
But, best of all was this week's experience: Beep. "I will be flying over your head in about one hour for a SLC turn."
My father, my commercial-airline-pilot father even thinks of his kids when he's at work, flying over head.
Yep. I am grateful that my father uses text messaging now.

No comments:

Post a Comment