Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Three-Day Weekend

T.G.I.F.* may be a trite phrase, but I say it with fervor on three-day weekends. After school last Friday, a bunch of us girls bundled into an Oldsmobile for a mental vacation/spiritual rejuvenation. Our little Relief Society retreat was perfect. Brad Wilcox, professor and author, spoke to us about Christ's grace in our daily life. It was a much-needed, very moving reminder of His love for us. I am so grateful for others' faithful lives. And, Relief Society wouldn't be Relief Society unless gluttony was involved. I am so grateful for all the hosts, cooks, planners, speakers and testimonies that went into it.

A half hour after getting back from the retreat, our little bundle settled into yet another car and shipped out to Las Vegas for the rest of the weekend. Our friend's parents live in a resort-like home where I proceeded to eat my body's weight in Reese's Easter Eggs. I did not stray from my perfect vacation agenda: eat, sleep, breath. I am so grateful for the Wise family's hospitality and even more grateful no one made me go to The Strip.
How blessed I am to be surrounded by good people and to make such wonderful memories.


*T. G(oodness).I. F.

1 comment:

  1. Clearly, you had a good time. So good--you couldn't even talk to me like a normal person. But that's ok. You are living the big life! :) And I love you. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete