Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Dear Mother Called

I am so incredibly grateful that my mother called today. She has impeccable timing. This week has been full of student-teaching, parent/teacher conferences, especially sassy students (who are normally really good) and a list of other things. I felt stressed and weighed down. Lately I have felt the burden of being grown up. But whenever my mom calls I feel taken care of again; today was no exception.
If my feelings were an equation it would be as follows: Mom=Home.
By that I mean if my mother is around, I feel at home. When I hear her voice on the phone, I feel at home. Her laugh and her advice are healing. I am so grateful Denise Cordon Cooke is my mother. She truly is the most familiar and wonderful thing I have on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment